Project managers are considered as catalysts for change. Do you want to become one? Read ahead!
Did You Know?
- PMI or Project management Institute projects 22 million new job openings for project managers through 2027.
- Project managers are in demand in almost every sector across all industries including business services, finance and insurance, healthcare, oil and gas, construction, manufacturing, and utility industries.
- According to Glassdoor, the average annual salary of a project manager at entry-level is around USD 59,680.
Project managers are in demand in all industries because they are believed to make a difference as they can impact the bottom line of their company. The most important benefit of taking up a PMP certification is that certified candidates are always preferred to the non-certified ones.
So, you are looking forward to Project management as your career! First, you should know what is involved in Project management and what a PMP professional does. So we will start with what PMP is and how taking up PMP Certification in Ahmedabad can be beneficial for starting a career in Project Management.
Why Project Management? If you are looking for an answer to this question, you have arrived at the right place. It is full of challenges, and opportunities to work in different areas within the company. With a PMP certification, you become the main decision-maker and carry the primary responsibilities of the project. You can earn great salaries with a PMP certification on your resume.
What is Project Management Professional or PMP?
The world’s leading credential for Project Management is none other than PMP. It is an industry-recognized credential for project managers across the world. A PMP certification validates your education, skills, experience, and competency needed to lead and manage projects. The most sought-after certification issued by PMI is the PMP.
Project Management Professionals are crucial in every industry and the demand for project managers with a standardized set of skills is in demand all through the globe. According to PMI, the PMP certification is designed by the project professionals and for the project professionals. It demonstrates that you are the best and highly skilled in the following categories:
- People: the certification emphasizes that you have acquired the soft skills required to lead the project team in today’s evolving environment.
- Process: the certification reinforces the technical aspects required for managing the projects successfully.
- Business Environment: it highlights the connection between organizational strategy and the project.
Benefits of getting PMP Certified
The PMP certification adds value to your resume. Did you know that CIO magazine has ranked the PMP as the top certification in project management?
It adds value to your resume as it validates that you possess the specific skill set employers to look for. It also exhibits your competency and dedication to excellence.
The salary for certified candidates is nearly 25% higher than those without certification.
The certification demonstrates that you possess the knowledge and skills required to drive business results and enhance your organization’s impact around the world.
How to start a career in Project Management?
The two ways of starting a career in project management are:
- Pursuing formal education
- Non-traditional, customized approach
The traditional approach to becoming a project manager is to go with formal education where you:
- Explore different project management certifications (you will find PMP as the most sought-after Project management certification).
- Select the certification as per your goals and interest
- Meet the requirements for the certification’
- Pursue a graduate degree
Though there are different certifications issued by PMI such as CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management), PMI-ACP (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner), Prince2, CPM(Certified Project Manager), etc; PMP is the one that can make you earn great salaries and makes you the most preferred candidate for the employers.
How to earn your PMP?
PMP is based on the procedures outlined in PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) and is considered as a gold standard for project management certificates.
The requirements for the PMP are:
- For the professionals with a four-year degree
- A minimum of three years of experience working in project management.
- At least 35 hours of formal education in project management
- For the professionals without a four-year degree
- A minimum of five years of experience working in project management
- At least 35 hours of formal education in project management
After meeting the requirements, the first step is to apply for the exam.
For PMI members the exam fee is USD 405 and for non-members, it is USD 555. To take the exam, you need to understand what the exam is all about. Go through the PMBOK guide very well, if required go through it twice or thrice so that you can grasp the stuff to be studied well. After that point to the areas, you know well and chalk down the concepts that you need to focus on. There are resources that help you test yourself with mock tests. Mock tests let you know what you are up to and what concepts still need your concentration on.
You can take the exam online or proctored one. The benefits of the online exams are that you get 24*7 testing options to accommodate your own schedule and that too with the same quality and same questions. The only difference is that you can sit for exams in your pajamas.
Get Trained to Get Your PMP
The best way to get certification added to your resume is to get trained. There are numerous resources out there to help you prepare for the exam. Once you register yourself for an online training course, you need not worry about arranging the study material or learning at any fixed schedule. You can learn anytime anywhere and get round-the-clock teaching assistance. Also, ask me anything sessions help you clear all your queries and make sure that you are prepared well before the exam. Real-life projects and training through industry experts are other amenities of online training courses. What else do you need?
Get yourself registered now!