Railway Recruitment Board conducts Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) exam to recruit candidates for various graduate and non-graduate posts in the Indian Railway. Cracking the NTPC exam is no cakewalk as a lot of candidates appear for the limited number of RRB NTPC Vacancies. Therefore, the aspirants should pull their socks up and start the preparation at an early stage to crack the upcoming exam. Since the competition level is very high, the candidates need to strategize their preparation after considering all the important factors to achieve better results. They should be familiar with each stage of the recruitment process to avoid any type of last-minute confusion on or before the exam day. Hence, we have come up with this article to discuss different stages of the RRB NTPC Recruitment Process for the candidates dreaming to have a career in the Indian Railways.
RRB NTPC 2021- Stages of the Recruitment Process
Before we start discussing the step-by-step guide of the NTPC Recruitment process, the candidates should know that they are required to meet the eligibility criteria specified in the notification before applying for the exam. If the candidates fail to fulfill the RRB NTPC Eligibility Criteria, then it may lead to the cancellation of their application. On that note, let’s discuss the different stages of the RRB NTPC Recruitment Process;
- Once the eligible and interested candidates have met the eligibility criteria, they need to move ahead with the application process available online on the official website. They will be required to submit the application form along with payment of the fee before the specified last date. Candidates should enter the correct details along with the required documents in the application form. If they fail to do so, then it will immediately lead to the cancellation of their candidature.
- Only the applicants who have submitted the application form will be eligible to download the admit card from the official website. They will be required to enter the correct login details like Registration/Roll No to access the admit card. The admit card for the different stages of the exam will be released separately on the official portal. Candidates must note that no admit card will be sent to them through any offline mode. In addition to it, it is mandatory to carry the admit card along with the valid documents to the exam hall.
- After downloading the admit card, the candidates will be required to appear for the first round of the Computer Based Test. The RRB NTPC CBT 1 round consists of a total of 100 questions carrying an overall 100 marks that need to be attempted within 90 minutes. Since there is a negative marking of ⅓ marks, therefore candidates should mark the response very carefully.
- Next, the candidates who have qualified in CBT 1 round will be called to appear for the second round of the Computer Based Test. The RRB NTPC CBT 2 round consists of a total of 120 questions carrying an overall 120 marks that need to be attempted within 90 minutes. Candidates should mark the answer only if they are confident for the same because of the negative marking of ⅓ marks in the exam.
- After the candidates have qualified in both stages of the exam, they will be eligible to appear in the next round which is the typing test. The typing test is of qualifying nature and the candidates should be able to type 25 words per min in Hindi or 30 words per min in English in Computer to qualify in this round.
- In the next stages, all the eligible candidates who will clear the CBT 1, CBT 2, and the typing test will be called to appear for the document verification process. They need to bring all the required and valid documents to be considered for the final selection of the post.